Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Bins" Tip: Shoe Storage

  
We've all had those mornings when we've crawled on the floor of our closet or looked under our beds to find a certain pair of shoes.  If left in a pile, shoes can take up a lot of room and a lot of your time when getting dressed.  I have small closets in my bedroom and office, so I utilize the large closet in my living room to store shoes, linens, luggage, and my favorite, holiday decorations!  I found this over the door shoe rack at Bed Bath and Beyond that holds 36 pairs of shoes.   It's very easy to assemble!  The plastic shelves snap into the piece.  There are "L" and "R" stickers to indicate the left and right sides.  Each shelf level does need to be screwed into the closet door.  Before purchasing, make sure you have a closet door made of material that's, well, screw-able. This rack is best for any shoe designs that don't go higher than the ankle.  I have another expandable shoe rack that rests on the floor of the closet that stores boots and larger shoes.  I also use a storage bin to hold flips flops. I rubber bands each pair of flips flops together so I can cut down on time searching for a complete pair.

Aside from organization, shoe racks can help you see and assess what shoes have seen better days and can keep your spending at bay.  If you only have space to comfortably store and organize a certain amount of shoes, you're more likely to keep yourself from going on that shoe shopping spending spree.

To check out these shoe storage suggestions on the Bed, Bath and Beyond website, click below:

Recommended for heels and flats.


Recommended for boots.  Hold approximately ten pairs depending on size.

Great for flip flops and children's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment